I miss blogs, and while I’m peace with being very much on Twitter given the state of things, I know that I prefer the quieter, slower version of the internet where I have more control over what I see.
Here’s an idea that I’ve wanted to try for some time: do you want to spend several months blogging with me? The only rule is that you’d have to sign off social media entirely.
Here is what I think it would take for this to really work:
- auto-posting to your social media feed would be OK
- comments would have to be open to anyone in the group
- we would need a group of bloggers with similar(ish) interests
- we would need a group of at least 10, ideally closer to 20
- agreeing on the length of the experiment
- you’re allowed (but not required) to have an anonymous blog
I doubt very much if there are many of us out there who would be eager to turn off Twitter and replace it with blogs. And I very much don’t have the energy to be an agitator for this at the moment, but I think about it frequently.